JLab has introduced their entrant into the wire-free wars with the aptly named, Epic Air. These new ‘true wireless’ earbuds look pretty amazing and certainly look nicer than the Apple’s Air Pods. Not only are they nicer looking than Apple’s offering, but suggested MSRP is slightly cheaper as well at just $149.99.
The Epic Air features an earhook that doubles as a Bluetooth antenna, which the company says that will increase the strength of the earbuds’ connection to your device.
‘The new JLab Epic Air is a refreshing innovation of true wireless earbuds designed with fitness in mind,’ says JLab Audio CEO Win Cramer. ‘Our battery life and charging solution blow away anything out there – and our Bluetooth connectivity design is so impressive, we patented it. We are excited to set the bar for the comfort, fit, battery life and true wireless performance.’
JLab Audio says that the Epic Air will last for six hours on a single charge, but included charging case can add up to 30 hours of battery life when it fully charged up. (The case can also charge your phone or other devices, which is a nice touch.) This Epic Air headphones are rated IPX5 splashproof, so sweat or rising them off in the sink won’t damage them.
Epic Air Specifications & Features Include:
- Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX Technology with Patent-Pending Antenna Earhook
- 6h Battery Life in Earbuds / 2000 mAh Charging Case for 30 More Hours
- IPX5 Rating, Testing for Higher
- Included Reversible USB to MicroUSB Cord
- Included Case Featuring Charge Out with Two Connections (microUSB, USB)
- Touch Controls
- Right Earbuds: Track Backward/Track Forward
- Left Earbud: Play/Pause
- JLab’s World-Class Service and 1 Year Warranty
- Grams .87 “w x .6.25″h x .87″d
- M.S.R.P. $149.99
Touch controls are also present; tap on the right earbud to skip backward or forward, and tap the left to play or pause your music. The JLab Audio Epic Air headphones will not be available in stores until February of next year, but you can preorder them from the JLab Audio’s website for $149.99.